Monday 12 May 2008

Quick and easy salad


Despite working practically IN Borough Market, it's a little expensive to be buying lunch there every day (plus it's only fully open on Thursday-Saturday) so I made a salad this morning to bring in for lunch.

It was REALLY simple, took about 5 mins and was pretty darn tasty - so I thought I'd share.

It consisted of:

2 small carrots - peeled and chopped
Some rocket
Some tinned mung beans
Some cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
A few (raw) fine beans - chopped
Some chopped beetroot (I bought it fresh and cooked it for 3 hours yesterday, but some of the prepackaged stuff isn't in horribly glutenous malt vinegar - I think Sainsbury's organic stuff is OK and M&S also do baby beetroot that aren't in vinegar)
Some M&S Arbroath hot smoked salmon flakes

Literally mixed all the veg and mung beans together, dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and then when it got to lunchtime, added the salmon.

Enjoy!

No comments: