Monday 16 February 2009

Wraps review and pic...



So, I just went to Danny's Gourmet Wraps to check out the g-f wraps. It was SO amazing to be able to join the lunchtime queue, get to the front and be able to say, "a gluten-free wrap please - The Sicilian", without any fuss, any ingredients list-checking (that normally takes about 10 mins and makes you feel guilty for holding up the queue) and any worries about anything - YAY!

The corn wraps were soft and didn't tear when folded around the filling and you get 2, as I mentioned in my first post about this place, as they are smaller than the massive flour ones. It's quick, it's tasty and it's GREAT to be able to get a gluten-free sandwich/take-away lunch that isn't soup or a salad - thank you, Danny!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you ever so much for your blog. My partner and I have just spent three days in London, and (being country-folk from Devon) tried our hardest to research everything we needed to know beforehand. Unfortunately we didn't think to research places to eat that would accommodate my partner's gluten-free diet. On a whim I typed "gluten-free London" into my 'phone's browser and your site came up.

We were able to enjoy our meals without having to go for the usual "Wetherspoon's again, dear?!" option, which was fantastic. We ate at Danny's and Leon, but sadly didn't make it to Scoop :(

I just wanted to say "thank you" very much for providing us with this information and making our stay in London even more enjoyable,

Sara

Nutritious and Delicious said...

Hi Sara,

Thanks so much for your lovely comment - glad that you had a great time and were able to enjoy g-f food!

Lizzie

Deborah said...

Hi Sara, thanks for all the fab gf info. We're visiting London next week (live in Belgium). I checked out Danny's online but it's important to mention that for very sensitive people, there is cross-contamination unless you call ahead- in this case, they will sanitize the workspace and change their gloves. If you have any more gf info, I'd love it. I can't wait to try gf fish and chips at the Mermaids Tail.
Take Care,
Deb Pouliot